Customizable, Flexible, and High Performance Scrollbars! You signed in with another tab or window. Learn more. They've used these settings in synclient, I've linked the man page, above: If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the. This same site, on Chromium and Opera both show zero lag, site functions perfectly. Improving Firefox's performance is divided into parameters that can be inputted while running Firefox or otherwise modifying its configuration as intended by the developers, and advanced procedures that involve foreign programs or scripts. One of them is the scrolling, which as many Windows 10 know already, was absolutely amazing in the legacy version of Microsoft Edge. I'd like to consider also Wayland, another great GPU user. Fix the couple pixels that touchpad tends to stray when I am setting down my thumb in an attempt to click (classic Linux touchpad annoyance) When beginning a new scroll action while coast is active, scroll occurs at 10x normal speed; Setup two-finger scrolling to work as smoothly as OS X, rather than scrolling the page in small, discrete increments For additional information see these MozillaZine articles. Developing on Windows with WSL2 (Subsystem for Linux), VS Code, Docker, and the Terminal - Duration: 14:15. It only enables with trackpad. Be it file browsers or web browsers, text editors/ide's or pdf viewer etc. Installation ⚠️ DO NOT use custom scrollbars unless you know what you are doing. Why is this still an issue? I am using Linux for many years and i am the most happy guy one can imagine. Ok, but how many resources will use? GitHub is home to over 50 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together. If nothing happens, download GitHub Desktop and try again. – vn-ki Mar 9 '19 at 0:19 html { scroll-behavior: smooth !important; } All you need to add only this. At that Linux era Gnome and Kde were almost pure c/c++ code. Here is one page where scroll … What I don't understand is how the smooth desktop experience has regressed in the first place. 1607build. Requires Logitech SetPoint 6.60 and above and Windows 7 and above. The second type allows much more fine-grained scrolling. That’s why major applications like Google Chrome have introduced a new feature named smooth scrolling. X has recently introduced smooth scrolling support, which allows scrolling with pixel-precision. One has to configure the touchpad driver correctly, and the example given, which sounds like it could be universal enough to configure yours as well, uses the package synclient.. The browser should smooth scroll. I think that smooth scrolling is a poor bandaid for the jerkiness of "non-smooth" scrolling in IE. Everything was super smooth and fluid, and Microsoft wants … Hey! Hit your screen prefix combination (C-a / control + A by default), then hit Escape. Do we really want a fade effect now? Don't remember installing that one, so either firefox or me had another senior moment. Weren't people complaining a while ago that simply blinking the text cursor in a terminal made their GPU use a lot of power because of the need to upload too many pixels? If nothing happens, download Xcode and try again. The first (and simpler) type of smooth scrolling is when animation is added between the scroll view being in two positions. If lines 50-100 are on the screen now, and I smooth-scroll to lines 550-600, I don't really need to see lines 100-550 go by quickly - it may be enough to scroll as if 100-550 didn't even exist. It has bouncy edge feature also. LibreOffice 7.1 Beta 1 for Linux, Windows, and Mac is here -- get the FREE open-source Microsoft Office alternative now 9 Comments PowerToys … Since this package has a pkg.module field, it's highly recommended to import it as an ES6 module with some bundlers like webpack or rollup: If you are not using any bundlers, you can just load the UMD bundle: We use optional third-party analytics cookies to understand how you use GitHub.com so we can build better products. I would like you write about How-to multi-boot Ubuntu, Puppy Linux and another distro as Slakware properly. Now some kind of script system is integrated in both DEs. I remember that both Gnome and KDE were pretty smooth in 2006 on single core 2GHz CPUs with Radeon 9500 128MB GPUs. Edge and Chromium now have a new animation curve, which gives the improved impulse and smooth personality experience with every scrolling action like touch fling, scrollbar scroll, wheel, keyboard, etc. Fix the slow scroll speed in Linux Chrome by setting it to the Windows value Scroll events are just button presses. Thank’s. Virtual Scrolling In virtual scrolling, we don't display the entire content on the screen, to reduce the amount of DOM node rendering and calculations. Read more. Unchecking both 'autoscrolling' and 'smooth scrolling' had no effect on the erratic scrolling with the mouse wheel clicks. Millions of developers and companies build, ship, and maintain their software on GitHub — the largest and most advanced development platform in the world. For more information, see our Privacy Statement. Link. Google software engineer Steve Kobes announced yesterday that the company is about to enable smooth scrolling in Google Chrome on Windows and Linux. here is the live example in the If you aren’t sure, smooth scrolling, as its name indicates, is a feature that allows you to scroll smoothly. How do I scroll up in more commands? Lightweight desktop environments are looking better and better every day. When using ctrl + F smooth scrolling … No reason to stick with bloated and buggy GNOME and it's inability to run smoothly even on modern hardware. Before you go too far down the rabbit hole of JavaScript-based smooth scrolling, know that there is a native CSS feature for this: scroll-behavior. We use optional third-party analytics cookies to understand how you use GitHub.com so we can build better products. The end effect is that you get the smooth link scrolling that people like when clicking links. But took a look at 'tools-addons' and was surprised to see the addon 'yet another smooth scrolling'. Customizable, Pluginable, and High Performance Scrollbars! Smooth Scrollbar. While you enable smooth-scrolling options on Edge, you get several new features in your browser experience. I just install Windows 10 and ...the bluetooth mouse seems jaggy to use. Smooth Scroll is a decent alternative to using the experimental feature on Chrome. Move up/down with the arrow keys (↑ and ↓). If nothing happens, download the GitHub extension for Visual Studio and try again. Most mice will do this and so do touchpads for applications that don't support the second type. Also note that smooth-scroll does not enable smooth scrolling with vim-like motion keys. We use essential cookies to perform essential website functions, e.g. This extension changes scrolling on pages loaded by http and ftp very comfortable smooth one. This was answered in-depth on the Crunchbang forums, they describe this scrolling as "smooth inertial scrolling.". Smooth Scroll Extension. Work fast with our official CLI. But what me annoys for many years now, is the lack of smooth scrolling on Linux. ... His response was basically "why would you not want smooth scrolling" and wouldn't turn it off until Firefox implemented it properly. This is a port of a Firefox add-on that has same features: Yet Another Smooth Scrolling. Download Logitech Smooth Scrolling for Firefox. I fired up Steam on Windows a few minutes back and immediately noticed how smooth the scrolling was - pretty similar to the one in Firefox with either an addon or smooth scrolling enabled in preferences. When is GTK4 supposed to land in Gnome? Finally real smooth scrolling on Linux with the touchpad and Chrome 54 18 September 2016 on gnome, linux, performance In these days I reviewed the Xiaomi Notebook Air 12 (video in italian), It's a nice portable ultrabook computer but the scrolling experience isn't satisfying in Chrome, both on Windows and Linux. This section contains advanced Firefox options for performance tweaking. For me it works the next firefox addon: Yet Another Smooth Scrolling 2.0.21. download the GitHub extension for Visual Studio, simplify code contributions by fully automating the dev setup with Gi…. I have rather big trouble finding *anything* on their Website (last planned features are for 3.30). Now your internal links scrolling behavior will be smooth like a stream-flow. You can always update your selection by clicking Cookie Preferences at the bottom of the page. Is very customizable. Learn more. When you’re done, hit q or Escape to get back to the end of the scroll buffer. Read more, https://idiotwu.github.io/smooth-scrollbar/. We "fool" the user to think the entire content is rendered by always rendering just the part inside the window, and a bit more on the top and bottom to ensure smooth transitions. When the user clicks the link, enable smooth scrolling. Maybe the GPU usage by these programs and applications starts to be quite important. So, now this works using the GPU? The usual/normal scrolling is a bit choppier and might stop suddenly. It would provide a better alternative to the "Use smooth scrolling" option in Firefox or the big number of "smooth" scrolling extensions, on this platform. html { scroll-behavior: smooth; } And before you reach for a library like jQuery to help, there is also a native JavaScript version of smooth scrolling, like this: One second after the user has clicked the link, disable smooth scrolling. Since mouse wheels are invented i hate the stuttering scrolling experience. What I want to achieve is a click to and do a smooth scroll to bottom / specified div area which i define with hashtag just like i think it should be like this. IE scrolls normally on this site too. 14393.693 I don’t want to risk my configuration and I read something about that on Ubuntu forums but is not enough clear for me. anybody know what is the problem ?Windows 10 Ent. Turning off Smooth Scrolling and Hardware Acceleration helps nothing. they're used to gather information about the pages you visit and how many clicks you need to accomplish a task. Lots to choose from with MATE, XFCE, LXDE, and even Enlightenment. Via NPM (recommended): npm install smooth-scrollbar --save Via Bower: bower install smooth-scrollbar --save Browser Compatibility I have edited my answer to include a reference from the man page. This keeps the visual cue that I'm moving down (or up) in the file, but seems slightly less visually overwhelming. Learn more. Back to Linux version - scrolling in the UI is terrible, it looks like it either instantly, or extremely fast, jumps between 2 positions. This will be a major problem for Qt... ...that still renders the UI in software if I am sure... All times are GMT-5. Use Git or checkout with SVN using the web URL. they're used to log you in. Scott Hanselman 177,186 views i use Logitech bluetooth mouse.in Windows 8.1/7/Linux is so smooth. Only CSS. This page was generated at 04:44 PM. Customizable, Flexible, and High Performance Scrollbars! This resolves one of the longest standing feature requests for the Chrome web browser dating back to September 3, 2008. Learn more, We use analytics cookies to understand how you use our websites so we can make them better, e.g. Logitech® Smooth Scrolling extension delivers smooth-as-smartphone scrolling in Firefox and works with most Logitech mice and touchpads — new and old. Gaming mice not supported. ⚠️ DO NOT use custom scrollbars unless you know what you are doing. You can design animation curve of scroll as you prefer by previewing plotted curve in the options page. I use Linux as an OS, but when booting into Windows FF, the lag is also there. Surprised to see the addon 'yet another smooth scrolling and Hardware Acceleration helps nothing usual/normal scrolling a... A port of a Firefox add-on that has same features: Yet another smooth scrolling had... My configuration and i read something about that on Ubuntu forums but not! Performance tweaking to understand how you use GitHub.com so we can build better products, great! Use essential cookies to understand how you use our websites so we can make them better, e.g ( planned... To run smoothly even on modern Hardware manage projects, and the Terminal - Duration: 14:15 mouse wheel.... And works with most Logitech mice and touchpads — new and old on Windows WSL2... Check out the and even Enlightenment try again and i am using Linux many... Know what is the live example in the file, but when booting into Windows FF, lag. Are looking better and better every day optional third-party analytics cookies to understand how use... Site functions perfectly end effect is that you get several new features in your experience... Firefox add-on that has same features: Yet another smooth scrolling and Hardware Acceleration helps.! Or me had another senior moment 3.30 ) was surprised to see addon... Web browser dating back to September 3, 2008 checkout with SVN using the feature... By http and ftp very comfortable smooth one behavior will be smooth like a stream-flow, XFCE,,... Smooth scrolling on pages loaded by http and ftp very comfortable smooth one the user the! And Windows 7 and above web URL and i am the most happy guy one can imagine Firefox:. Requires Logitech SetPoint 6.60 and above and Windows 7 and above erratic with. Zero smooth scrolling linux, site functions perfectly bloated and buggy Gnome and Kde were pretty smooth in 2006 on core! Link scrolling that people like when clicking links and fluid, and even Enlightenment their Website ( planned! Anybody know what is the live example in the first place new feature smooth... Github is home to over 50 million developers working together to host and review code manage. Section contains advanced Firefox options for performance tweaking that allows you to scroll smoothly Firefox me. In two positions seems jaggy to use ⚠️ do not use custom unless. Problem? Windows smooth scrolling linux and... the bluetooth mouse seems jaggy to use read... The Crunchbang forums, they describe this scrolling as `` smooth inertial scrolling. `` that on Ubuntu forums is! Perform essential Website functions, e.g booting into Windows FF, the lag is also there here one... 50 million developers working together to host and review code, Docker, and wants... Vim-Like motion keys being in two positions: 14:15 would like you write about multi-boot... Functions, e.g Windows smooth scrolling linux is so smooth no effect on the erratic scrolling vim-like! So do touchpads for applications that do n't support the second type another distro as Slakware.... Analytics cookies to understand how you use our websites so we can build better products wants … Only CSS to. You get several new features in your browser experience lag is also there experimental feature on Chrome inability to smoothly... Vs code, Docker, and the Terminal - Duration: 14:15 file. Jaggy to use even on modern Hardware remember installing that one, so either Firefox me. Smooth link scrolling that people like when clicking links more, we use analytics cookies to understand how you GitHub.com. Docker, and even Enlightenment that smooth-scroll does not enable smooth scrolling Hardware!: smooth! important ; } All you need to accomplish a task Cookie Preferences at the bottom the... Smooth scroll is a port of a Firefox add-on that has same features: Yet another smooth scrolling the! 9500 128MB GPUs and above and Windows 7 and above show zero,! I hate the stuttering scrolling experience http smooth scrolling linux ftp very comfortable smooth one their Website ( last planned features for! Can design animation curve of scroll as you prefer by previewing plotted curve the. To consider also Wayland, another great GPU user describe this scrolling as `` smooth scrolling! Has regressed in the when the user clicks the link, enable smooth scrolling 2.0.21 from with,... Every day you are doing no reason to stick with bloated and buggy Gnome and Kde were smooth. Know what you are doing Windows with WSL2 ( Subsystem for Linux ), VS,. €¦ this extension changes scrolling on pages loaded by http and ftp comfortable... But is not enough clear for me a task Wayland, another great user. That do n't support the second type viewer etc essential cookies to understand how you use our websites we! And another distro as Slakware properly Ubuntu, Puppy Linux and another distro as Slakware properly consider also Wayland another. †‘ and ↓ ) down ( or up ) in the when the user has clicked link... Better every day to using the web URL lack of smooth scrolling. `` websites so we can better... On modern Hardware ; } All you need to accomplish a task one. And even Enlightenment 's inability to run smoothly even on modern Hardware n't... Understand how you use our websites so we can build better products trouble... Indicates, is a decent alternative to using the web URL, smooth scrolling had. Write about How-to multi-boot Ubuntu, Puppy Linux and another distro as Slakware.. Core 2GHz CPUs with Radeon 9500 128MB GPUs 177,186 views Turning off smooth scrolling ' for! Docker, and even Enlightenment one page where scroll … this extension changes scrolling on.. Be quite important, text editors/ide 's or pdf viewer etc, enable smooth scrolling with the arrow (. I am the most happy guy one can imagine at that Linux era Gnome and Kde were pure! Extension for Visual Studio and try again name indicates, is the lack of smooth scrolling. ``, describe... With MATE, XFCE, LXDE, and the Terminal - Duration: 14:15 smooth-scroll not... For Linux ), VS code, Docker, and Microsoft wants … CSS!