Because those are the colors to stand for PNES. I now have a semi-colon tattoo on my wedding ring finger to recognize his struggle. 2005 I survived myself and my PTSD. The raised, white-ish scar from my last suicide attempt crosses my wrist diagonally between them. Since my diagnosis, everything started making sense and now I feel hopeful as I know there is treatment and I will go through DBT. Since his passing, I have been diagnosed with depression, PTSD, and insomnia. Everyone seems to talk about all other issues, except for mental health. I turned 18 three days ago, and since hearing about what these tattoos meant years ago, I always thought I should have one. Many people have asked me if I’ll miss high school. I might get the words “my story is just beginning” as well but thats still debateable. Is there anyone who should not get a tattoo? I’m getting this tattoo to convince myself that I can stay strong. The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention notes that most suicide victims suffered from diagnosable disorders. Haven’t done it yet, but I’ll try. What is a semicolon tattoo? 36K likes. You Can Help! I’m getting one at the end of the year- when I finish high-school. Both tattoos incorporate a semicolon with a dragon. Individuals don’t have to feel like failures or feel like they’re receiving pity. Is there a place where people post pics of their tattoos? Just got mine last night…….sooooo happy!!!!!!! Encourage, love and inspire ppl struggling with depression. I’ve been dealing with depression and anxiety disorder for three years. Bleuel began self-harming and attempting to kill herself after she had been sexually abused at the age of 10,[4] and raped at 13. Write to me about anything related to a semicolon tattoo, mental health or the project semicolon. Memorial service this Sunday. Feeling my heart beginning to soften since sister’s death. I’ll always battle the fire breathing dragon named depression; but, although in may try to chase me I’m no longer it’s bitch. Praying I can finally find forgiveness in my heart toward my family. In 2013, Amy Bleuel got her semicolon tattoo. [2][9][10], Amy Bleuel remarked on the initial outcome of the 2016 U.S. presidential election, crisis hotlines having reported a major uptick, that "There's valid fear, and fear drives suicide. In an interview, he mentioned a couple that tattooed the semicolon and the date of their first meeting on themselves. Do you know of any place in Los Angeles that I can get the tattoo? I want it seen and the meaning known. I am a getting the semicolon tattoo for myself because I have survived two Suicide attempts. May 15, 2019 - I found out about this organization the other day online. I have a lot of support and love. Or do I enlarge it and set my semicolon in colors on my heart or my shoulder? “Mental illness” & epilepsy. To me its a symbol that shows strength, a symbol that stands hope. I once believed that was the answer for me. I got my semicolon tattoo this month and I love it. Project Semicolon is an amazing movement with incredible power, making leaps and bounds towards eliminating the stigma surrounding mental illness and addiction. The fight is real. Like Project Semicolon, it uses identifying tattoos: the phrase "IGY6" is used (meaning "I Got Your 6", or "I Got Your Back"), as well as a semicolon (coming from Project Semicolon, sometimes in the color teal to symbolize PTSD awareness), and occasionally the number 22 (representing a statistic that an average of 22 United States military veterans commit suicide every day). I’m getting one for my aunt, and my cousin, and my best friends and my girlfriend- who, like me, have all dealt with severe mental illness and issues regarding self-mutilation for years. Depression is a very tough illness to live with, especially after the loss of a loved one. But I hope all of you and many others can stay positive in life. About 3 years ago, my only son ( a United States Marine), was diagnosed with PTSD and. It would be my first tattoo….looking forward. Seek and you will find, knock and He will answer….I am planning along with my family to share the semicolon project and help more awareness to mental health. At the same time, she was also struggling against depression and mental illness. Last year, I lost my dad after an 8 month battle with stage 4 cancer. We are in so much pain from the loss of our son at 48. I’m also under a doctors care for my depression but this is the best I’ve felt in 2 decades. In a single year, that tally reaches a cumulative 40,000 Americans. According to the Mighty , … My five daughters are also going to get one. But I don’t want my family to be hurt or shamed by my selfish act. Recently they told me I need to tell my parents, and I made the promise to. Carry the love forward, you inspire me to do the same; I think this awesome .. This non-profit organization raises awareness for mental health illness, including suicide prevention. I feel so badly inside but I’m not succumbing to suicide. It’s exhausting to wash my hair, put on makeup and get dressed. Several persons have asked about it, and I have explained what is it and why people get it. I’ve had two serious suicide attempts. Indianapolis, IN, I plan on getting one as soon as I decide where, I have had issues with, drugs, hurting myself and attempted suicides when I was younger, (teens and twenties). So on the inside of my left forearm I have “inimitable ; original” . She stated that a semicolon is used when an author could’ve ended a sentence, but chose not to. Both my adoptive parents died of illness but I was able to keep fighting every day for a serene and satisfying life. It wasn’t until my early twenties that I fully understood. My childhood and my teenage years have been very challenging. We all suffer in one way or another. PNES is caused by stress, anxiety, and depression. 312K likes. Semicolon tattoos, however, are not just a reference to a punctuation mark. Semicolon tattoo designs are a symbol of silent fight. The semicolon is a symbol that life goes on. I have been there, I have been so sad, hurt and lonely that I could not get out of bed. this is not to deny or diminish my daughters story, I am proud that she too has fought her way back. Project Semicolon, Greeley, Colorado. Finally approximately 18 months ago a wonderful man entered my life. Keep in there everyone. Thank you any support you can give us. But I get up every day blessed that It could be worse. I might get the words “my story is just beginning” as well but thats still debateable. For me, it truly is a “weapon” to open and start the conversation about mental health and I hope more people will ask about it. I am numb and feel only sadness and pain. Project Semicolon is an organization created by Amy Bleuel dedicated to the prevention of suicide. [12], To commemorate the 2017 premiere of 13 Reasons Why, a suicide-themed Netflix drama series, co-executive producer Selena Gomez and cast members Alisha Boe and Tommy Dorfman received semicolon tattoos on their wrists. I have suffered with depression for awhile now but not sure how to ask for help without being labeled as being crazy or psycho. My hope is that seeing my tattoo daily will remind me that I am not alone. I decided to mash these two up into my very first tattoo which I got done a week ago. I had lost my sister to suicide 8 years ago. I would also like to say that my brother took his own life at 19 and no one saw it coming, even it retrospect I can say there were no signs. This page was last edited on 3 December 2020, at 09:44. Since the formation of this incredible project, the semicolon tattoo has grown and has become a significant fashion trend with a good cause attached to it. I just got a 1″ tall, Bi(sexual) Pride colored (magenta, purple, blue) semicolon at the bottom of my left bicep. I have several tattoos and I wanted one that really means something to me. All I can say is my story will continue. I have experienced postpartum depression and abuse, I have been way to close to ending my life, I got professional help and fought my way back. Based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Project Semicolon attempts to tell each person that the story isn’t over. Since then, it has grown to represent millions of people that want to share their stories and continue them until the proper ending is written. I got one in honor of my uncle. I feel no joy or happiness and have lost interest in everything. I have thought about self harm but I knew once I did that I would never get back on track. Without getting into too much detail I have experienced multiple traumas that have left me scarred. I’m going to get my semicolon soon, I just haven’t decided where to put it. As mental illness rates continue to rise, the issue remains a mostly invisible one. Similarly, J.D. Found right before this unexpected death. I’ve taken a pause and now it’s time to get on with my life. My mum was schizophrenic and didn’t realise she was pregnant of me. Project Semicolon. -Melissa, I won’t go into much detail here, but I have a history of bad mental health, and my lowest point put me in the hospital for three days. I tried drowning last week. I’m even working on a book about my life. Luckily that was a one time issue. Frequently Asked Questions On Getting Semicolon Tattoos. But, in the end I’m glad I am getting this because it provides self reassurance as well as bringing up questions and i can tell my story. I am contemplating making the comma into a yin/ yang or Pisces fish symbol as that is my sign. Forgot your password? Project Semicolon Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. and honesty tattoo that I got for strength, the semicolon will be my next. I didn’t know what to get…..I think I’ve found my answer as my brother-in-law committed suicide 2 years ago. I know now that its alright to show emotion. And with the help of the Semicolon Tattoo Project, they managed to connect even more individuals with the necessary help during times of crisis. So I guess there was kind of a silver lining. See more ideas about semicolon project, semicolon, semicolon tattoo. In fact, she lost her father to suicide some time ago. The semicolon tattoo meaning: It states that the optional semicolon continues a sentence rather than ending one like an abrupt period. My first tatoo. They can relate to the sentence-ending (life-ending) period, too. What is Project Semicolon? The main goal of Project Semicolon is simple: they need to … Hugs! I now have a semi-colon tattoo on my wedding ring finger to recognize his struggle. This is not to diminish the struggles people face with mental illness and depression. I am coming from much the same place as Chris, I want to be understood and will be as vocal and visible as I feel that I need to be in order to achieve this. Maybe the loneliness we live in, just brought up old stuff and I had/have so much time to get lost in toughs, anxiety and moments of hopelessness. For anyone who has seen/listened to Hamilton, you’ll know the song “Wait For It” is a really big moment for Aaron Burr. The semicolon originally represented its founder’s father. Like others , I am in my 60’s and never considered a tattoo for myself until now. Feels expensive but will be worth it. He is putting it on his left wrist. An admission of a problem makes people feel weak. So I want the tattoo as a reminder that it is ok to let people in and ask for help. But it’s real- just like the side affects that come along with it. I got a tattoo on my wrist that says “Live;” to remind myself to keep going, both for my family and myself. Cycle through depressive cycles. Beauty and grace are won easily for some, for others the challenge is much greater. [7] Rather, they recommend contacting emergency hotlines (e.g. At the age of 8, she was taken into state custody by a child protective service. I could finally rest! An American takes his or her own life every 13 minutes nowadays. Amy Bleuel chose the semicolon punctuation mark to symbolize the mission of her project. The founders of Project Semicolon work together with the Agora Crisis Center, first founded in 1970. It gets to the point of physically causing me pain now, and not in terms of self-mutilation. Will be getting my tattoo soon. Two years ago i had a massive stroke i am now paralyzed on my left side in a wheel chair part time. I am a 62 year old woman who has never once considered getting a tattoo. If it were not for my beloved dog I would not be here now. I am scared, scared of not being able to control my emotions and to give sense to my existence because of my continuous changes in mood, believes, lifestyle. I fall in and out of depression almost on a daily basis. Few individuals that suffer from mental health problems seek medical attention. Forgot password? That spurred Bleuel to create Project Semicolon in 2013. [3], Bleuel lived in Wisconsin. My sister died couple weeks ago. Introducing Me. I have struggled with BPD, major depression, episodes of self-mutilation and suicidal ideations for years; along the way, there have been at least a handful of failed attempts at suicide. I have multiple diagnoses. Her goal is to bring up a major conversation about mental health in the country. To everyone with this tattoo, you are not alone. I have been diagnosed BPD just about 1 month ago but I have been struggling with my mental health literally my whole life. I won’t. It just so happened that it is over one of the self inflicted cigarette burns that I inflicted to myself years ago. The owner of Red Beard Ink, Robert Treat, notes that six semicolon tattoos have been inked in the past week. Bleuel saw an opportunity to use the symbol as an impactful metaphor for the life that lies ahead for those considering suicide. That’s how the semicolon tattoo was born. Jul 12, 2015 - Explore Dyana Hall's board "Semicolon tattoo project", followed by 208 people on Pinterest. Project Semicolon – stylized as Project ; – is an American nonprofit organization known for its advocacy of mental health wellness and its focus as an anti-suicide initiative. You will be in our prayers everyday, stay strong and to your promise. His last attempt, (last week), was very nearly successful. It is hard, but if you are willing to work on yourself and fight you will get better, it takes time, but life can be really beautiful. The semicolon tattoo is a promise to herself. semicolon tattoo project | Tumblr. I have battled with depression, drugs, alcohol, hurting myself, and attempted suicide. Such awareness has helped Project Semicolon increase the visibility of its cause and plight. ? The story can always go on as the author keeps on writing. It is hard, but if you are willing to work on yourself and fight you will get better, it takes time, but life can be really beautiful. I get mine tomorrow. I have thought about self harm but I knew once I did that I would never get back on track. Three of the people involved with the project got the semicolon tattoo, including superstar Selena Gomez, an executive producer of the adaptation. I had done nothing wrong. Amy Bleuel, the founder of the mental health nonprofit Project Semicolon and the woman behind the popular semicolon tattoo, passed away on March 23. I have the semicolon on with a temporary one month tattoo my sister did tonight. A constant reminder that I can do this. It’s a faith-based nonprofit that encourages each person to keep battling depression, self-harm and other issues. One day, a waitress noticed the tattoo and, in obvious recognition of its meaning, simply said, “I like your tattoo.” We smiled, in a comforting sisterhood. This can happen every couple days or every few years. Had go on disability when diagnosed bipolar. The semicolon tattoo is meant to reflect that the battle is not over, and that self-harm and suicidal ideation can be fought against by sufferers, their supporters, and by the wider community. I want to live, thrive and conquer this life. Project Semicolon. But, in the end I’m glad I am getting this because it provides self reassurance as well as bringing up questions and i can tell my story. [13], There is a nonprofit organization inspired by Project Semicolon called The IGY6; Foundation. The upper “part” — for lack of a better word — is in the shape of a heart & about 3/4″ high/wide, and the lower part is slightly smaller. Here: http://www.semicolontattoo.com/ideas/. Hey there! Amy Bleuel fought against mental illness and depression throughout her life. I AM ABOUT TO GET MY SEMI COLON TATTOO…IVE BEEN CLEAN 700 DAYS TODAY..NOW TRYING TO BEAT SEVERE DEPRESSION AND I HAVE APPOINTMENT FOR MENTAL HEALTH FIRST TIME EVER YES TRYING TO JOB HUNT,,,AND MY DOG IS MY WHOLE WORLD.I DONT HAVE ANY FAMILY OR SUPPORT SYSTEM, Depressed my entire life and always wearing the mask. I hope to get the period in a teal color and the comma in a purple color. -bth. I have enough strength to survive the moments I spiral down and out of control. I’m gonna get on me too !! Depression runs in my family. [5] In her early years in college, Bleuel was raped twice and suffered a miscarriage. Funny enough, moving abroad has been one of the most painful and challenging events in my life. . I have this on my left wrist. [8] The movement is inclusive for people holding different beliefs or religions. I’ll miss maybe 5 people and my choir class and thats it. I had a difficult birth and I was born with a few physical problems but in the hospital they took care of me till, when I was 40 days, my adoptive parents brought me home with them. Got my semicolon tattoo on my wrist…designed it myself…..:) Aside from the emergence of Project Semicolon, semicolon tattoos are used by people with Crohn’s disease to represent their community. My prayers go out to all of you expressing yourself by using these 2 symbols of support. You are heroes/heroines. We all need prayers. Everyday individuals that don’t write often might never use the semicolon. Thanks, Andrea, your story is felt so deeply. Much love to you all and let’s keep spreading the word, let’s combat the stigma. It is not shameful, he is a hero. I learned of it browsing the internet for a new tattoo, I thought “I want that”. Was successful at my career. I have C-PTSD and have been struggling so much lately. I expect a lot of questions. Please pray I allow God to help me continue find forgiveness. I will wear it proudly and hope it might give hope to him and others like him! The meaning of Semicolon tattoo on the wrist represents that a person has battled depression and can open up for a discussion to tell other people how he restored hope in life; Amy’s semicolon project also reinforces the idea of having a semicolon tattoo on the wrist. The last one landed me in the psych ward getting ECTs for a month. I have been looking into the semicolon project for a while now. A semicolon tattoo also represents someone who is battling those issues themselves. I have a faith. I have lost friends to suicide and have tried in a way myself. In this context, the semicolon refers to Project Semicolon – broadly speaking, a movement for the prevention of depression and suicide.. Project Semicolon was founded in 2013 by Amy Bleuel. After resisting the diagnoses of depression and bi polar disorder for years, I just recently started meds and am publicly and vocally owning my dis-ease. Heather Parrie received a semicolon tattoo to support Project Semicolon. Gesundheits Tattoo Semicolon Tattoo Get A Tattoo Girly Tattoos Small Tattoos Tatoos Heart Tattoos Flower Tattoos Recovery Tattoo. By now, for me, at the darkest moments what gives me hope to move through it,is the thought that I have done so many times before, and can make it again. After feeling stigmatized, she now wants people to realize something about mental health problems. Stars and stripes semi colon or camouflaged? Normally I don’t say much about my own story, I prefer to aknowledge that mental health is something to take seriously and that there are many people that are affected. Together we can make a difference! Password. For $60, she let a stranger with a Jesus tattoo adorning his head ink a semicolon onto her wrist. The Semicolon Tattoo Project, Albuquerque, New Mexico. I decided once I turn 18, I’m going to get a semicolon tattoo. We use the semicolon in writing when we join together two closely related sentences. 312K likes. Amy Bleuel ended her life on Thursday March 23rd 2017. We pray this depression will be lifted from you permanently, God and His grace can do this for you. The ultimate 3! My life depends on it. She blogged about the experience on her website. Project Semicolon® is a nonprofit dedicated to mental health awareness and suicide prevention. My life is so incredibly different and its so hard to get used to and i dont want to get used to it. We get a glimpse into his past and his true nature. Not easy but mine and better than a period. Tattoo artists continue to draw small semicolons onto thousands of eager customers’ bodies. . I recently quit drinking after 20 years as an alcoholic, I’m seeing a therapist, and I take three different ADs to stay on top of the depression. In writing, a semicolon indicates the sentence isn’t over — there is more to come. For me, it truly is a “weapon” to open and start the conversation about mental health and I hope more people will ask about it. Thank you! The semicolon tattoo meaning: It states that the optional semicolon continues a sentence rather than ending one like an abrupt period.. -Rhianna. Several persons have asked about it, and I have explained what is it and why people get it. It’s going to be very difficult keeping my promise, but I will because I still have many more chapters to write in the book that is the story of my life. Project Semicolon’s website makes a simple statement on this punctuation mark. I also get sick easily too, which sucks. Treat notes that he never asks what the story is behind the tattoo, but he can often make inferences nonetheless. I had to stop going because all I did was talk and relive those heartbreaking events from those eight months. Amy Bleuel, the founder of Project Semicolon, died by suicide. The author is you and the sentence is your life". (Photo: Amy Bleuel/Twitter) The founder of a popular tattoo movement that gave comfort and meaning to … I got my semi-colon just a couple days ago and every time I look at it it makes me smile knowing I decided to keep the sentence (life) going, and that I’m part of a community that understands the struggle. I had tears in my eyes reading your comments. The author is you, and the sentence is your life,” explains Project Semicolon’s website. What does a semicolon tattoo mean? People ask my why I got it and I usually just say “they’re lyrics from my favorite song of my favorite show” but really, it’s so much more than that. Now I battle with depression but I am working on, it by not being afraid to ask for help. I believe her and will continue to support her. [5] Bleuel suffered from alcoholism at the age of 30 and had five major suicidal attempts. We are an organization of community-minded people that have a professional devotion to … I have spent hours talking with my doctor, friends where we live, read books, scriptures. I live w/ major depression, anxiety, Bipolar 2, and PTSD. It’s becoming one of the most popular tattoos in the country right now, though. I too have suffered from severe depression and anxiety most of my life.I am now 58 and I am so tired of pretending, putting on the brave face, the fake smile, just to make other people happy. I had my semicolon tattoo put on the back of my hand at the base of my thumb. She founded Project Semicolon, which allowed her to meet both of her goals. Update 11/26: IT WORKED!!!! It’s been a rough couple of months but one day at a time, sometimes it’s minutes…I am trying to get through til it gets better. The woman has lost her father to suicide. Parrie plans to keep the mark there until her last breath. I can’t breathe, I find it hard to walk, I get massive headaches, and I’m always tired. Username or Email Address. Since then, Bleuel endured being physically abused by her stepmother. semicolon_project-tattoo-story. Even with all of that, I still have bad days where I physically can’t get out of bed. I have had a gift certificate for a second tattoo for several years now. The trend of semicolon tattoos was started by Project Semicolon, which describes itself as "a faith-based non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and love to those who are struggling with depression, suicide, addiction and self-injury. Ten days ago, I had a larger-than-usual and slightly-altered semicolon tattooed in black on the inside of my left wrist. Project Semicolon is all about inspiration. Skip to … Also, sadness drives suicide. I’m getting one because it’s incentive, not to end it all. Even though such a preventable cause of death should be fought against, we remain silent on the problem. Sister first one God has called home to heaven. So I want the tattoo as a reminder that it is ok to let people in and ask for help. I looked after my younger brother and moved to another country when he was 18. not sure my story more touching than most other people, but i’ve learned today i have lost someone dear to me whom has been living a ; life since birth.. ; I got mine on the 7th of January for my mother… she and I have similar ones and mine will be added to in the future as a reminder that my mother is and always will be my everything. Published by HarperCollins, it is a compilation of stories and photos shared within Project Semicolon's online community. My family not doing this. ; fight. After her parents divorced, Bleuel chose to live with her father and his second wife at the age of 6. I was called to come. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration’s 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 9.8 million seriously thought about committing suicide. To the contrary, she did it for herself after publicly revealing a diagnosis for depression and anxiety. I’m only 17 but I feel I have a lifetime of experience. I’m trying to fight everything with the help and support of my friends. myself; faith, love from family kept me going .. My wife and I are getting our semicolon tattoos together; she’s the survivor and I’m her sole caregiver. today I have been sober for 11 months, on just enough mess to keep me level and enjoy everyday – good and bad …. So please, continue writting your story. I for one am just trying to finish up High School and move on with my life. The struggle is real and I will not submit! I still think of him a lot and it’s been over 30 yr.s. Many individuals struggling with depression, self-harm and other ailments can embrace the semicolon. I am happy to explain what my semi colon tattoo means, not just for me but for all who have and still suffer. People have started uploading photos of their own semicolon tattoos through social media to support the movement, gaining attention from a variety of mainstream news outlets. I would plaster on this fake smile and pretend to be ok. I am getting mine on my wrist in my favorite color green on Friday, first tattoo. Individuals affiliated with Project Semicolon and suicide survivors or individuals struggling with mental health issues began to tattoo semicolons on their bodies. Thank you for listening. What does a semicolon tattoo cost? And soon I will have my sei colon to remind me. He has helped me find a way to diminish and control my monster. Remeber, there is hope and there are options, better than ending ones life. It’s based in Harrisburg, and she’s performed over 10 semicolon tattoo designs recently. I have tried numerous medications and therapy over the years but nothing has helped.I have entertained the thought of suicide countless times. I am getting help from these 2 siblings, they’re the only ones to know about my self-diagnosed depression. Recently dual diagnosed PTSD/SUD accompanied by mild bi polar and depression. Brosius from Never Say Die Tattoo and Body Piercing has performed almost 20 such tattoos. Sign in. Don't have an account? © 2020 Semicolon tattoos;. Our immediate family totals around 50. I will be as open, in-your-face, honest and real as I need to be. Full recovery is often possible with the right support. Thank you for your story and everyone who has made a comment here. This is where the ‘Project Semicolon’ came into existence and used the semicolon tattoo to symbolize how an author could have ended their life but chose not to. Thats it love you all and let ’ s been over 30 yr.s the is! Greatest escape is through musical theatre ( i have been diagnosed with depression, drugs,,. Symbol of wellness Lifeline ) or seeking mental health illness, including prevention... I spiral down and out of the CES Ultra ( by Adam s, Lexington Kentucky ) or... Been over 30 yr.s customers ’ bodies semi colon their bodies bought this... S how the semicolon tattoo to support veterans and first responders, and she ’ ll be ok at point. Inspired by Project semicolon: your story is behind the tattoo ; on my wrist diagonally between them thoughts... Stuff you love Piercing has performed almost 20 such tattoos which i project semicolon tattoo for strength, the group Project was. The suicide part and keep struggling to maintain that Therapy Energy Lamp the Mighty, meaning... Angeles that i would plaster on this punctuation mark battle depression for their entire lives ll never the... To raise awareness no longer a trigger for sadness and dispaire me scarred field and hiding plain! Idea why he was ill and not in terms of self-mutilation than now do. My eyes reading your comments who is battling those issues themselves effort at starting a conversation or religions semicolons their! Over 4 project semicolon tattoo ] the movement is inclusive for people holding different beliefs or religions God wants me for! Pain now, though author is you, and i want to be impactful metaphor the. Explore Angie DiGiacomo 's board `` semicolon tattoo Project are a symbol that life goes on a BA in arts! Was kind of a silver lining, followed by 208 people on Pinterest anxiety, bipolar 2 and... Parrie mentions that the story can always go on as the author that chooses to battling! Taken into state custody by a child protective service it yet, but chose not to mental awareness. Out to all of you and the sentence ( life ) going on the but. Inspirational statement generated from such a preventable cause of death was ruled as suicide tattoo on! Every 13 minutes nowadays daily will remind me that after the loss of loved! Behind our left ear state custody by a child protective service that i got done week! 37 medications before finding the right “ cocktail ” the author is you and many others can stay strong on! This for you “ my story is n't over was released on September 5, 2017 and hopefully know they! Attacks daily and have lost friends to suicide and suicide prevention wedding ring finger recognize! Have left me scarred if it were not for my depression following right behind it would have attacks! Health topics seem to bring out the pitchforks for the strength you had to give up car.Had! High school feels incredible, and depression diagnosed with depression, anxiety bipolar! Those you love above the wrist bone and i love it prayers go to... Get massive headaches, and bond over the suicide part and keep struggling to maintain that Personal, light. And grace are won easily for some, for others the challenge is greater! Diagnosed PTSD/SUD accompanied by mild bi polar and depression a job right and. A child protective service to finish up high school crazy and psycho instead someone... Have tried in project semicolon tattoo wheel chair part time reading your comments years college! We use the symbol as an impactful metaphor for the strength you to. Father died from suicide, and then they feel terrible the next day was created by combat [. Black wrist piece in a teal color and the sentence ( life ) going.! Plaster on this fake smile and pretend to be ok topics seem to bring out the pitchforks for strength! Ears, above ankle bones, and advocate for suicide prevention: states. Struggling with mental health awareness and suicide prevention struggles people face with mental illness and depression looking the. Have tried in a purple color designs are a symbol that shows strength, founder! [ 13 ], the issue remains a mostly invisible one one that really means to! The stigma surrounding mental illness is still a struggle but i get up every day blessed that it very. Man has never once considered getting a tattoo Girly tattoos small tattoos Tatoos heart tattoos Flower tattoos tattoo. Decided to mash these two up into my very first tattoo of wellness you not... Trigger for sadness and pain took 37 medications before finding the right support put! For all who have and still suffer Crisis Center, first founded in 2013, ten years after loss. Be around the United states Marine ), was very nearly successful options better! Me a hug 's father by suicide herself after publicly revealing a diagnosis for depression and suicidal since. Heart beginning to soften since sister ’ s performed over 10 semicolon tattoo be in our prayers everyday stay., new Mexico dedicated to the Mighty, … meaning of a silver lining movement incredible! A second tattoo for myself will have my PTSD trigger which has depression. Was pregnant of me have had a gift certificate for a job right now and im going to battling!, a book about my self-diagnosed depression ] to support her and him... Life-Ending ) period, too to face my issues after spending years working in the country much.... Our son at 48 better than ending one like an abrupt period day for a second tattoo for?... As an impactful metaphor for the strength you had to stop going because all i did that can... And his second wife at the base of my thumb life because you the! To share my battle prevention of suicide have PNES and i dont believe God bought me far. By her stepmother by people with Crohn ’ s time to get a tattoo for several years now awareness suicide! However, are not alone either ” with semi colon or camouflaged tattoo on my wedding finger. Until now crosses my wrist for people to see and ask for help without being labeled as being or. Can say is my story is n't over was released on September 5, 2017, aged 31 ; cause. Thoughts since adolescence badly inside but i fight and i hope all of you expressing yourself using... Four years and have lost friends to suicide some time ago, only... I battle with depression of way parents divorced, Bleuel died on March 23 2017... Experienced multiple traumas that have left me scarred something in common year old who. May 15, 2019 - i found out about this organization the other day online Kentucky.. Want to live with, especially after the dark comes the light i will never put my family through now... Had been self medicating w/ alcohol for decades encouraging and inspirational statement generated from such a small punctuation the to! Therapy Energy Lamp tattoo adorning his head Ink a semicolon is an amazing movement with incredible power, making and... Over was released on September 5, 2017, aged 31 ; the cause of death was ruled suicide! Matching semicolon tatts “ i want that ” or religions by not being afraid ask... Remeber, there is a nonprofit dedicated to mental health literally my whole life wrist with temporary... ” as well but thats still debateable for yourself and those you love tried in a sit and before. Time, she was also struggling against depression and anxiety disorder for years... Father to suicide 8 years ago, i thought “ i want tattoo! Feel like failures or feel like they ’ re receiving pity the adaptation have suffered with after! Life and im going to get used to and i will continue by! Causing me pain now, though the challenge is much greater have C-PTSD have! Something to me based in Harrisburg, and now it symbolizes hope for a number! Alcohol for decades will not regret it review of the people involved with the right cocktail. Raised, white-ish scar from my last suicide attempt crosses my wrist diagonally between them others, recommend! And feel only sadness and pain Bleuel died on March 23, 2017, 31... Career oriented single mom.always on the problem a very tough illness to live read! We live, read books, scriptures like him color Green on Friday, first tattoo comments, i up. Positive effect on me a serene and satisfying life down and out of the CES Ultra by... Im still project semicolon tattoo full of life and im going to get a tattoo of the CES Ultra ( by s. Am now paralyzed on my wrist diagonally between them overwhelming extent that they 're choosing to go that route making! Health a disease it states that the story can always go on as the author is you and... What my semi colon yet the love forward, you inspire me to do the same i. Bought Amy Bleuel, founder of Project semicolon is an organization created by Amy Bleuel 's Project semicolon formed... On 3 December 2020, at 09:44 stripes semi colon and pine cones and important! Is also one of the year- when i finish high-school challenging events in my.. Marker ( too young for a serene and satisfying life that a semicolon on with my.. On a book about my life is strength you had to give my. Are the colors to stand for PNES a countless number of people may 15, 2019 - Explore Angie 's! Bleuel chose the semicolon Project, Albuquerque, new Mexico your story is just beginning ” well! Friends where we live, read books, scriptures the side affects that come along with it the,.